How to Befriend Yourself
Buddhist Wisdom to Cultivate Kindness
Inspiration and Simple Practices to Cultivate Kindness and Compassion
Renew your sense of connection—to others, to the world, and to yourself—with this set of inspiring lessons and guided practices, all delivered by teachers steeped in Buddhist wisdom. Well known from the pages of Lion’s Roar magazine, they’re your guides to developing ease in both your body and mind, even as you work with life’s challenges.
Selected from the hit Lion’s Roar online summits Embrace Change and Transcending Habit, the teachings gathered in How to Befriend Yourself are all about getting beyond ruts and limitations and finding a more gentle, positive, and proactive way forward in life.
In this series you’ll learn to:
- Settle and relax your body for a greater feeling of ease
- Connect more deeply with others
- Face life’s challenges with resilience and peace
- Use simple meditative approaches to unseat unhelpful thinking, behavior, and patterns
- Make friends with your feelings and difficult emotions
- Create positive new patterns that can transform the way you live
✔ Lifetime access to over 3 hours of helpful talks and guided practices
✔ Downloadable MP3 audio for convenient offline listening
✔ Downloadable transcripts of all the program talks
✔ A special 30-page collection of related teachings and advice from How to Befriend Yourself teachers and others, including Thich Nhat Hanh and Sylvia Boorstein
Special Bonus Valued at $110 Included for a Limited Time!
✔ BONUS: Complimentary access to Taking Refuge in Your Body, an online course with Cyndi Lee
✔ BONUS: How to Live with More Love, a 128-page Lion’s Roar special edition delivered to your door
Get started now!
A Powerful Collection of Heart-Opening Practices and Teachings
- Lama Willa Miller on befriending your feelings by being present and making space for them, with the help of trust and curiosity
- Cyndi Lee guides you through low-impact, easy-to-do, movement exercises to help you ground, center, and connect
- Ethan Nichtern on transforming your self-doubt into skillful and positive reflection by working with our habit energy
- Rachel Neumann on the joy and wonder of relationships, and showing up for our loved ones in times of connection and in times of change
- Peggy Rowe Ward and Larry Ward on connecting more deeply with oneself, others, and the world through the power of listening from the heart
See the full course curriculum below.
StartDiana Winston: Guided RAIN meditation (20:34)
StartEthan Nichtern (Part 1): Transforming Shame & Guilt with “Positive Remorse” (22:31)
StartEthan Nichtern (Part 2) — Meditation: Reflection, Forgiveness & Intention (24:28)
StartValerie (Vimalasara) Mason-John: Guided meditation — Cultivating Awareness of the Senses (17:14)
StartSensei Robert Chodo Campbell: Guided meditation—Confronting Craving (12:33)
StartCyndi Lee: Guided movement session (8:55)
StartRachel Neumann: Bringing Mindfulness to Relationships (25:08)
StartPeggy Rowe Ward & Larry Ward: How to Really Listen to Others (36:08)
StartLama Willa Miller: 5 Tips for Befriending Your Feelings (8:52)
StartJosh Korda on "Inserting a Pause" (2:05)