Welcome to Fundamentals of Buddhist Meditation with Michael Stone. Whether you’re a new meditator or a seasoned practitioner, Michael’s course is sure to inspire you to spend some more time meditating.
A few notes about the course:
- Follow the course in the order presented, or jump around as you like. You’ll see a check mark next to chapters you’ve completed.
- Lion’s Roar editors have provided summary notes and tips at the end of each section.
- We’ve also included suggested readings for each section, drawn from lionsroar.com.
- In section two, Michael offers a guided meditation on sound; in section four, he offers a guided meditation on breath. These guided meditations, along with some instructions on the proper use of cushions and chairs, are also included in section eight, Practice Support, for easy access any time. You may find it helpful to return to these guided meditations regularly, especially if you’re just getting started with your own practice of meditation.
- In section two, Michael offers a guided meditation on sound; in section four, he offers a guided meditation on breath. These guided meditations are also included in Resources area of the course, in both audio (MP3 files you can download and keep) and video formats, for easy access anytime. You may find it helpful to return to these guided meditations regularly.
And now, find a comfortable, quiet space—and get started with Fundamentals of Buddhist Meditation.