Find teachers, talks, and session highlights for each day below.
Sessions are pre-recorded, and will be released each day for you to view at your convenience.
Each day's sessions will be available for 48 hours, beginning at 6:00 am PDT | 9:00 am EDT (North American time zones). Check your time zone here.
Re-Awakening Starts with You
Available June 24 + 48 hour replays
Living With an Undefended Heart
Talk + mindfulness meditation with Dharma teacher & Co-founder of The Meditation Coalition Mary Stancavage.
- Understand the Buddha's core teaching of living with an undefended heart and how it can become a way of life.
- Get an introduction to Buddhism’s Four Brahmaviharas (or “Highest Mindstates”) with a special focus on Equanimity.
- Explore how we can work towards ending harm and suffering where we see it.
Revitalizing and Deepening Our Spiritual Wellbeing
Talk + guided meditation with Buddhist teacher and author Guo Gu.
- Understand spirituality from a Chan Buddhist Perspective.
- Consider the deep value of Buddhist practice and how to make a commitment to regular practice.
- Learn about Guo Gu's experience working with Dharma Relief in response to the coronavirus.
Our Bodies Wake Us Up
Talk + restorative yoga exercises with movement and meditation teacher Cyndi Lee.
- Investigate the Buddhist concept of taking refuge, and how it relates it to the body.
- Learn how to downregulate, manage anxiety, and build appreciation for your body.
- Refresh your body and mind after a restorative movement practice with Cyndi.
Re-Awakening from Fears and Challenges
Available June 25 + 48 hour replays
We Are All First Responders in Our Lives
Talk + guided meditation with Buddhist priest Rev. Qalvy Grainsvolt.
- Learn about becoming a better communicator and appreciator of fellow human beings.
- Explore the key Buddhist concepts of buddha-nature and liberation.
- Understand the importance of patience, and how to cultivate a response rather than surrender to a reaction—especially during stressful times, such as the pandemic.
Cultivating the Courage to Continue
Talk + meditative check-in and journaling with racial, gender, and trans justice advocate Ray Buckner.
- Explore what it means to honor your life—your yearnings, fears, traumas, hopes, and sadnesses—with courage, clear seeing, and wisdom.
- Ask how we can hold and honor our personal, communal, and systemic wounds, while also moving forward in cultivating a full and fruitful life.
- Learn about Ray's experience as a transgender Buddhist, and how cultivating courage has played a role in their life.
An Opportunity to Transform Your Financial Fears
Talk + practice with founder of Abacus Wealth Partners Spencer Sherman.
- Learn how to work with your financial situation to find a place of peace with money.
- Assess your values and how best to live with them and integrate them.
- Understand what it means to put "self-worth over net worth".
Re-Awakening our Connection to Others
Available June 26 + 48 hour replays
Talk + guided practice with mindfulness teacher and author Sharon Salzberg.
- Understand the power of having loving-kindness and compassion, for ourselves and for others.
- Relate compassion and self-care to the difficult task of working for change.
- Learn how to mitigate burnout through the challenging work of real change.
From Enmity to Equanimity
Talk + guided meditation for fostering equanimity and good will with psychologist, author, and meditation teacher Sylvia Boorstein.
- Address how loving-kindness is an antidote to irritability and disconnection.
- Go deeper into the practice of metta and the significance of the Four Brahmaviharas.
- Transform the difficult emotions holding you back through short and long meditations, guided by Sylvia.
Love and Community-Building: Mindful Speech in a Time of Global Crises
Talk + guided practice with Buddhist teacher and activist Mushim Patricia Ikeda.
- Understand how Paul Tillich's definition of love as "The drive to reunite the separated” relates to loving-kindness, and how it manifests in our communities and the world.
- Address the dynamics, motivations, and fears behind systemic racism and, more pointedly, the George Floyd killing and protests.
- Transmute the difficult emotions of anger and frustration into positive, productive discussion and action.
+ Special Presentation
America's Racial Karma
A reflection and teaching by Larry Ward, senior dharma teacher in Thich Nhat Hanh's Zen tradition and co-founder of The Lotus Institute, on how we can start to heal racial trauma in ourselves and the world.
Available for Audio Download on Day 3.
Re-Awakening in the Light of Covid-19
Available June 27 + 48 hour replays
Love and Rage: Survival in a Post-Pandemic World
Talk + guided practice with Buddhist teacher and author Lama Rod Owens.
- Explore what it means to surrender to the light, and "let go of the person you think you are".
- Understand what it means to face your fears of death and discomfort through the lenses of Tibetan Buddhism.
- Learn about Lama Rod’s work as a radical Black activist and the role Buddhism has played.
Love & Loss in the Time of Covid-19
Talk + guided practice with Zen Buddhist teachers Koshin Paley Ellison and Robert Chodo Campbell.
- Explore classic Greek concepts of love.
- Learn about Koshin and Chodo’s personal experiences as Zen priests, NYC hospice workers, and romantic partners.
- Cultivate reflection and gratitude in light of loss and difficulty through guided meditation.
Are We In a Global Rite of Passage?
Talk + four guided practices with Zen priest and author Roshi Joan Halifax.
- Explore how we can transcend the ways in which we’ve become disconnected or separated from one another due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Examine how we respond to fear, grief, and loss—of loved ones, of connection, of normalcy, and our former way of life.
- Partake in four practices to help you confront and stay connected with our various challenges at this time.
Re-Awakening with All Beings and Our Planet
Available June 28 + 48 hour replays
Values at the Crossroads: The Struggle for a Sustainable Future
Talk + guided practice with Buddhist monk and scholar Ven. Bhikkhu Bodhi.
- Explore the deep connections in the web of problems that confront us today—ranging from poverty to devastating climate change.
- Learn the root of these values from Bhikkhu Bodhi's perspective.
- Understand how a solution must be centered around love, compassion, peace, human solidarity, and a commitment to justice.
From Inner Work to Outer Work
Talk + guided tonglen meditation with Tibetan Buddhist teacher Lama Tsomo.
- Learn how to apply the energy of your personal practice to widening social circles.
- Get grounded in your practice, to move from fear to love, and to hold each other with care.
- Foster compassion and connection through a guided tonglen meditation.
Finding Your Way on the Eco-Sattva Path
Talk + reflections with Zen teacher and author David Loy.
- Consider how the Buddhist concept of the bodhisattva relates to pressing global concerns.
- Reflect on what you personally have to offer and what resources you can share.
- Get in touch with what tugs at your heart.